The BCC was founded in 2010 and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. As the Local Climbing Organization (LCO) for the Boulder area we are closely affiliated with the American Alpine Club and the Access Fund and we have a joint membership program with the Access Fund.
In the spring of 2014 the BCC launched the Front Range Climbing Stewards (FRCS) program in partnership with the Access Fund. At the core of the FRCS is a 3-person full-time trail crew that builds and restores climbing access trails in climbing areas all over the front range and other areas popular to Boulder climbers.
We work closely with area land managers, including Boulder County Parks and Open Space, Eldorado Canyon State Park, Jefferson County Open Space, City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, and the U.S. Forest Service, and we support the work of the Action Committee for Eldorado (ACE) and the Flatirons Climbing Council (FCC).
Our 15-member Board of Directors meets every other month, and meetings are open to the public (see below).
The Boulder Climbing Community is a non-profit organization that connects and supports climbers, climbing organizations, land managers, and businesses in the Boulder area, in order to protect and care for the climbing areas we love.
Boulder Climbing Community Official Documents
All documents are available to the public:
- BCC Bylaws (PDF)
- Conflict of Interest Statement (PDF)
- Organizational Consent Statement (PDF)
- BCC and FRCS logos (ZIP with EPS and JPG)
Our Board of Directors
- Laura Barnett
- Evan Deis
- Loren Gwartney-Gibbs
- Greg German – ACE Rep
- Jason Haas – Bolt Replacement Manager
- Craig Hoffman – IT Manager, AAC Rep, Wagbags Manager
- Jim Illg – President
- Ted Lanzano – FCC Rep
- Dougald MacDonald – Secretary
- Lenny Miller – Treasurer
- Josephine Sterr
- Mark Rosenberg – FHCC Rep
- Anneliese Steel – Vice President, Access Fund Rep
- Chris Weidner
Staff and Volunteer Leaders
- Bill Briggs – Financial Manager
- Roger Briggs – FRCS Program Manager
- JB Haab – FRCS Field Manager
- Craig Hoffman – Bags Manager
- Scott Rennak – Development Director
- Owen Silver – Volunteer Coordinator
- Sadie Sullivan – Legal Counsel
- Ty Tyler – FRCS/AF Liaison
- 6:30 pm on Wednesday, April 5 at REI Boulder (1789 28th Street)
- 6:30 pm on Wednesday, June 7
- 6:30 pm on Wednesday, August 2
- 6:30 pm on Wednesday, October 4
- 6:30 pm on Wednesday, December 6
Joining the Board
- Every spring there are open seats on the BCC Board – applications are due in March
- Here is more information if you’re interested in serving.
Contact us at:
Boulder Climbing Community
PO Box 17061
Boulder, CO 80308