BCC Board of Directors Position Openings
Posted: February 10, 2019
The Boulder Climbing Community is seeking several qualified candidates to join our Board of Directors.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2019
Meet and Greet Event: March 12 - 6:30pm - 8:00pm at Upslope Brewing in Boulder. Interested applicants are invited to attend and meet current BCC Board Directors and staff.
The mission of the BCC is to mobilize the local community and partners to care for the environments we impact as climbers, and enrich the outdoor experience for all.
The BCC maintains a full-time trail building crew, the Front Range Climbing Stewards, along with other stewardship programs including bolt replacement, human waste management, eagle monitoring and graffiti removal.
Qualifications: A strong interest and passion for climbing, willingness to learn and self-starter. Specific skills related to the climbing industry, finance, law, marketing, business development, and/or web experience.
Requirements: Board directors commit to attend bi-monthly board meetings, volunteer at BCC events, participate and contribute through committee work and special projects. Board members have an opportunity to find their own areas of focus where they can make greatest contribution. Board Members are volunteers and receive no compensation.
There are two options for submitting an application:
1. Complete this Google Form.
2. Email your application to: email@example.com with your answers in a document attachment, PDF preferred.
BCC Board of Directors Application
1. Name, email address, phone number
2. Are you at least 18 years of age?
3. What does climbing mean to you? What role has climbing played in your life?
4. Tell us (briefly) about your climbing experience.
5. What types of climbing do you do?
Where have you climbed the most?
Any new route development or experience with fixed hardware or bolts?
Anything else you’d like to add?
6. Describe (briefly) any nonprofit, volunteer, advocacy or community organizing experience in these or other areas:
Sustaining or maintaining climbing areas
Nonprofit board, staff or volunteer
Nonprofit development, fundraising
Social impact, activism
7. Describe (briefly) your work or professional experience. How would you describe your leadership and communication styles?
8. Tell us about your skills or experience in any of these areas:
Marketing: Digital strategy, branding, advertising, social media, email marketing
Creative graphics design
Technology: software development, project management, IT systems, infrastructure
Government, law, public service, politics
9. Why do you want to serve on the BCC Board? How can you help the BCC fulfill its mission?
10. The BCC is a small organization with a big mission. How do you think we can have the greatest impact? Feel free to share any additional ideas.
11. Additional Info (optional):
Social: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for BCC Board Director!